Saturday, July 14, 2018

the design challenge....oops!

Yes, it has been awhile since I posted, and I have stayed incredibly busy!  Find out what has been going on, with some help from Punky Brewster....


Me: Punky, it is your turn to model this month! woo hoo!

Punky B: oh, boy, Mom, I have been anxious to have a turn ever since
Auntie Di challenged you to make up a new design  a month!

Punky: May I just say, "What the heck, Mom?"

Me: Sorry Punky, I've been designing the souvenir outfits for next year's festival,
but they are top secret!

PB: Totally not fair, this is just a shapeless paper bag....
Me:  here, I'll fix it up real nice for you, sweetie...


PB:  Very funny, Mom!

Well, at least Punky B has gotten to model the new outfits (2) and so she's seen the TOP SECRET outfits, which is making her feel a bit better.  I think I owe the poor kid an ice cream cone, though. It was a bit of a mean trick to play on her!

Once I get the souvenir outfits under control, I'll get back to designing and filling orders!

11 comments:

  1. Lol, probably on the right catwalk that could be considered very fashionable, you know a bit like 'the Emperor's new clothes' kind of look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of the high fashion I have seen isn’t much better! The
    Tie
    Belt
    Really sells it! Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Well I'm sure there's never been anything quite like it for a Sasha festival! It reminds me of the 'I Love Lucy' episode when they were in France and Lucy and Ethel wanted the guys to buy them haute couture outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cam and looked around here last week and noticed that May and June's challenges were missing, now I suppose we'll have to let you off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, this is my excuse, and heaven knows I need one! lol!

      Delete
  5. Now is this a winter bag? or a summer one? and will it come in other shades of brown.. the possibilities are endless.
    I think that tie makes it :)
    Lucky that bags so long or we may have caught a glimpse ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. since it's sleeveless, we'll call it a summer bag, lol! At the rate I am going, I might tape on sleeves and have it for winter, too!

      Delete
  6. There was a child wearing a brown bag in 2002 Sasha Festival, Dress a Sasha,. His chairperson mom didn't get anything else ready and did have a photo of her son in a brown bag costume. I sew doll clothes (isodolclos) and once in a while use a brown bag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Punky B understands that poor Mom only has two hands. Plus there will be many happy people next year once they see her Mom’s now secret creations which are sure to be fantastic! Thank you Punky B for your sacrifices! 😊 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Auntie G, well, I was a bit put out but Mom says I get to model next month, too!

      Delete