Friday, August 24, 2018

A Fun Discovery at Our House....

So, Gia, Sasha, and William couldn't help but notice something new has arrived at Casa Murphy.  Of course, they had to have a look!



William, Gia, and Sasha: What in the world is this?
Gia: It says "Ye Olde Sew 'N' Sew Shoppe"
William:  Maybe Mom got it in England!


Sasha:  Mom said it is her new dollhouse room that she made with lots of help from Auntie Marlo.
Gia:  Yeah, a LOT of help from Auntie Marlo, I'll bet!
William:  Well, that's kinda silly because she doesn't even HAVE dolls!
It seems funny she'd make a doll house.

Gia:  Mom says it isn't a toy, which is good cuz she's a grown-up and they don't play with toys.
Sasha: yes, she said it is just to look at, but she sure seems to be playing with it a lot.


Sasha:  Look, a tiny door with bells and an "open" sign.  Maybe we can look inside closer!



William: Isn't this the little rock and flowerpot Auntie Margo gave Mom at the festival?
Now I see what she wanted it for!
William: If my trashcan was this full, Mom would make me empty it.
The store has a tiny thimble full of trash!

Gia:  Ooh, look, a little jar of gum balls!
Sasha: Where?
Gia: there...right next to the scissors and zippers
William: I wish they were REAL gum balls....sigh....
William: Lollipops, too...a whole jar full...and we can't eat those either.
I'm going to see if Mom will buy us some candy for real.

Gia:  Look at the tiny little embroidery floss on my hand?  Isn't it cute?
There's a whole tray full of them!

Sasha: Mom likes the picture on the wall that says, "Too much fabric?
I think you meant to say too small sewing room."
William: well, this is certainly neater and more organized than Mom's Sewing room...maybe she should work more on that and less time making little rooms!

Sasha: There's just so much to see...my favorite is the cute little package...
the store must do mail order!

Gia: My favorite is the cat!  He looks right at home and has balls of yarn
to play with if he gets bored.
Sasha: And look on the counter by the register, someone is using their credit card!
William: Mom must be shopping here!

Gia: Mom put this here cuz she says that's what she always sees when she wants
a specific card of buttons!

William:  Hey, they accept credit cards...Mom says that she should always leave
her credit card home, but she never does!

Gia: I could look in here all day; there's so much to see!
William:  me, too! I hope the babies don't discover this or it could go badly.
Sasha: Oh, boy....I hope Mom has thought about that!

10 comments:

  1. It's just fabulous, Marti! The level of detail is amazing. I love to just look at all of the pics and discover new tiny details. Obviously a labor of love!

    PS - Nice looking Minn outfit that William is wearing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was a lot of work but really fun and challenging! William is sporting his fab MN outfit made by Lynne Field! He refuses to take it off in spite of 100* temps!!

      Delete
  2. Wow Marti, this is absolutely fabulous. Such amazing detail. Your fine motor skills must be still working perfectly making all these tiny things. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was a challenge! sometimes tweezers were the answer to placing things as hands are a bit too big for the space!

      Delete
  3. This is great Marti, you have done a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, it was a labor of love and gave me an excuse to spend time with a good friend!

      Delete
  4. Amazing detail Marti. I love all those little cards of buttons and the tiny quilt on the back wall especially.
    Love the credit card signs! lol just what a buyer likes to see ;)
    Maybe you could make your dolls a Sasha sized one, then they could assist you in your sewing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now that I have done one, I think that is the end of my miniature career! I am going to help my friend with her dollhouse (a big, big dollhouse!) now, tho.

      Delete
  5. Wow wow wow - you did a fantastic job. My neighbour has doll's houses but nothing with this amount of detail. I hope your friend will allow you to show us her doll house too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks, it was so much fun. With Pinterest and the internet, there are soooo many ideas to make. We had more ideas but ran out of room to put them. Her dollhouse is HUGE, so could take a long time, but I'd love to show pics of the progress!

    ReplyDelete